A.P. (DIR Series) Circular No. 55
November 26, 2012
All Authorised Dealers Category – I Banks
Madam / Sir,
Liaison Office (LO) / Branch Office (BO) in India by Foreign Entities – Reporting to Income Tax Authorities.
- Attention of Authorised Dealer Category – I banks is invited to A.P. (DIR Series) Circular No. 24 dated 30.12.2009 in terms of which LOs/BOs are required to furnish copy of the Annual Activity Certificate (AAC) to Director General of Income Tax (International Taxation), Drum Shaped Building, I.P. Estate, New Delhi 110002.
- It is clarified that copies of the AACs submitted to the DGIT (International Taxation) should be accompanied by audited financial statements including receipt and payment account.
- Further, at the time of renewal of permission of LOs by AD banks, they may note to endorse a copy of each such renewal to the office of the DGIT (international Taxation).
- AD Category – I banks may bring the contents of this circular to the notice of their constituents/customers concerned and ensure compliance.
- The directions contained in this circular have been issued under Sections 10(4) and 11(1) of the Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999 (42 of 1999) and are without prejudice to permissions / approvals, if any, required under any other law.
(Rudra Narayan Kar)
Chief General Manager